Arch Rock Campground at Valley of Fire
Arch Rock Campground Overview
There are two single-use campgrounds in Valley of Fire State Park, the Arch Rock Campground, and the nearby Atlatl Rock Campground.
Arch Rock is better suited for tent camping and smaller campers while larger campers should consider the nearby Atlatl Rock Campground.
The preference of the Arch Rock Campground vs. the Atlatl Rock Campground is that some of the sites are tucked away for privacy.
If you are interested in learning more about Valley of Fire, click here to view top-rated Valley of Fire tours.
36.4187, -114.55168 (36° 25′ 07.32″N 114° 33′ 06.04″W)
Valley of Fire State Park – Overton, NV 89040
The Arch Rock Campground at the Valley of Fire State Park is located in the Pacific Time Zone. Know your time zones as our bordering states are in different ones – learn more here at Las Vegas Time Zone and Southwest Time Zones.
How to Get to Arch Rock Campground
From Las Vegas, take Interstate 15 North for about 35 miles to exit 75 (signs for Valley of Fire State Park and Lake Mead National Recreation Area).
At the end of the offramp, go southeast on Valley of Fire Highway.
Reach the park’s west entrance after 14.5 miles and then drive another 1.8 miles
Turn left onto Scenic Loop Road (Campground Road) and drive 1 mile passing Atlatl Rock Campground, Atlatl Rock, and Arch Rock.
Just after Arch Rock, turn left into the campground.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – 51 miles / 58 minutes
- St. George, Utah – 103 miles / 1 hour 47 minutes
- Pahrump, Nevada – 112 miles / 2 hour 7 minutes
$10 per vehicle state park entrance fee + $20 camping fee per night (Click here to read more about the Valley of Fire Entrance Fee options)
The Arch Rock Campground accommodates tent camping only. Check out the Atlatl Campground for RV camping.
- Number of Campsites: 29
- Reservations: No, first-come, first-served
- Consecutive Stay: 14 consecutive days
Group campsites are not available at Arch Rock.
Learn about the group campsites at Valley of Fire.
Arch Rock Campground Amenities
- BBQ grill
- Drinking water
- Fire ring with grate
- Vault toilets
- RV dump station
- Shaded table
Showers are available at Atlatl Rock Campground
Cell Phone Service at Arch Rock Campground
Spotty at best depending on your cell phone service provider.
Wi-Fi Service at Arch Rock Campground
The Valley of Fire offers the following Wi-Fi plans:
- Park WiFi Single User – 1 Day: $3.00 -Single User (limited to 1 device). Good for 1 hour from the first login.
- Park WiFi Single User – 1 Day: $8.00 – Single User (limited to 1 device). Good for 24 hours from the first login.
- Park WiFi Single User – 1 Hour: $20.00 – Single User (limited to 1 device). Good for 72 hours from the first login.
- Park WiFi Multi-User/Family Plan – 5 GB: $30.00 – Family Plan (limited to 3 concurrent devices). Up to 5 GB total is included with the plan. The plan expires 30 days from the first login.
- Park WiFi Multi-User/Family Plan – 10 GB: $50.00 – Family Plan (limited to 3 concurrent devices). Up to 10 GB total is included with the plan. The plan expires 30 days from the first login.
- Park Wifi Multi-User/Family Plan – 30 GB: $99.00 – Family Plan (limited to 3 concurrent devices). Up to 30 GB total is included with the plan. The plan expires 30 days from the first login.
Best Time of Year to Arch Rock Campground
The Arch Rock Campground is normally closed from mid-June to September unless the camping attendance starts to get busy and then the park will open the Arch Rock Campground.
Call the Valley of Fire State Park at (702) 397-2088 to see if the campground is open for camping.
Arch Rock Campground Weather
Spring or Fall are the best times due to the extreme heat. Learn more about the weather at Arch Rock by reading our main article on Valley of Fire State Park.
Valley of Fire State Park
Hiking at Valley of Fire
Arches at the Valley of Fire State Park
Points of Interest at Valley of Fire
Photos and Videos