Arrowhead Nevada Overview
Arrowhead was a small but active silver mining distr in Nye County, Nevada with production ceasing about 1923.
Also known as the Needles District.
The area consisted of a few stores, several dwellings, a garage, and a post office. A few remnants of the town’s existence remain.
The property was optioned in the spring of 1919 and was established in August 1919 and was active until 1923.
While the town had stores, a garage, a post office, and some dwellings, the town never grew large.
Arrowhead Nevada History
Originally known as the Needles District when formed in 1919.
Silver, lead, gold, arsenic, and antimony.
Arrowhead and Arrowhead Extention Mines.
December 24, 1919 – September 4, 1924
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
- Arrowhead is located in a narrow, sandy gulch in the Reveille Range.
- Situated at Arrowhead, 4 miles south of Twin Springs at the north end of the Reveille Range.
- The Arrowhead district is located on the north end of the Reveille Range, immediately north of the Reveille mining district in Township 3 North, Ranges 51-1/2 and 52 East, Nye County.
38° 4′ 37.77″ N, 116° 11′ 27.18″ W
- United States Geological Survey – Arrowhead Nevada
- Paher, Stanley. Nevada Ghost Towns and Mining Camps, Howell-North Books, 1970, p. 346