Azurite Nevada Overview
Not a lot can be found on the Azurite mining district that was located in Churchill County, Nevada. (Newspaper articles state Lyon County, Nevada so we need to check to see when county lines were formed/reformed to see which is accurate.)
We are digging through old newspapers and books to see what we can find and will update this article if we find something worth sharing.
Learn more about Ghost Town in Nevada and Ghost Towns in the Southwest.
Azurite Nevada History
C. P. Anderson of Boston has organized a new company and will develop in Azurite canyon. This makes four companies operating in the Cottonwood district.
The notice of location of the Ludwig Copper, Cobalt and Nickel Mining claim is recorded in Book “E” of Miscellaneous Records, at page 616, Records of Lyon County State of Nevada.”
The said mining claim is bounded on the south end by the -‘Ducktown” Mining claim, on the East by the ‘”Enterprise” Mining claim on the North by the “Azurite”‘ Mining claim and on the West by unsurveyed and unoccupied public land. ”
Any and all persons claiming adversely any portion of said Ludwig Copper. Cobalt and Nickel Mining claim or surface ground are required to file their adverse Claims with, the. Register of the United States Land Office, at Carbon City, Ornosby County, State of Nevada, during the sixty days period of publication thereof, or they will be barred by virtue of the provisions of the Statute; O. H. Gallup, Register
- November 1900 – C. P. Anderson of Boston organized a new company to develop in Azurite Canyon
- April 9, 1901 – The Azurite post office opens
- April 22, 1901 – L. F. White appointed postmaster
- August 27, 1901 – E. F. Van Wagner appointed postmaster
- December 14, 1901 – The Azurite post office closes
Unknown at this time
April 9, 1901 – December 14, 1901
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
A new postoffice has been established at Azurite, Churchill county, with L. F. White as postmaster. Azurite is in j the Cottonwood mining district.
E. F. .Van Wagner has been appointed postmaster at Azurite, Churchill county, Nevada, vice, L. F. White, resigned.
Unknown at this time.
The Population of Azurite Nevada
Unknown at this time.
Click here to view our recommended mobile apps for the outdoor explorer and what to take on your next road trip.
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99 per year paid version of the app that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.