Boyer Nevada Overview
Boyer was a town in Churchill County, Nevada.
Boyer Nevada History
The community was named after Alva Buckenham Boyer, a prospector, and postmaster.
- 1861 – Copper ore was discovered by Alva Boyer in the Table Mountain District
- 1872 – Cottonwood Ranch established by Charles Gilbert
- 1885 – The ranch was purchased by Mr. Boyer
- April 27, 1896 – The post office opened
- January 31, 1914 – The post office closed
- December 7, 1915 – Mr. Boyer died of pneumonia at the age of 78 and his ranch was sold
April 27, 1896 – January 31, 1914
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99 per year paid version of the app that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.