Camp Terrill Nevada
Camp Terrill Nevada Overview
Camp Terrill was a mining town in Churchill County, Nevada.
The name has been spelled in a variety of ways such as Terril, Terrel, and Terrell.
Please note that this site is now part of the site Walker River Indian Reservation and you need to contact them for permission to visit the site.
Unknown at this time. Based on newspaper articles, I would estimate 1910-1911. We are continuing to dig through our books and newspapers and will update once we learn more about this area.
Camp Terrill Nevada History
Gold, Manganese, Lead, Zinc, Silver
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
The Population of Camp Terrill Nevada
Unknown at this time.
Within the boundaries of the Walker River Indian Reservation about 36 miles south of Fallon.
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99 per year paid version of the app that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.
Photos and Videos
Interesting article from 1911.
Recently a Chinaman went from Reno to the new camp of Terril, near Fallon, and established himself in a restaurant where he was employed as a cook. The miners, after meeting, decided that no Japanese or Chinese should be allowed in the camp, and after coming to this decision they forced the Chinaman to leave, and he came to Fallon. They did not use violence toward him. The Chinaman made no resistance, but it is said that certain residents of Terrill have offered him protection, and that he intends to return and to test the proposition of whether or not a Chinaman has a right to live in a Nevada mining camp
- Paher, Stanley, (2009), Nevada Ghost Towns and Desert Atlas
- Paher, Stanley (1970), Nevada Ghost Towns and Mining Camps, Howell-North Books
- Tingley, Joseph V., Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Report 47 – Mining Districts of Nevada
- United States Geological Survey
Camp Terrill Nevada