Circus Circus Las Vegas
Circus Circus Las Vegas Overview
Circus Circus Las Vegas is a hotel, 123,928 SF casino, and RV park located on the Las Vegas Strip in Winchester, Nevada. It is owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. Circus Circus features circus acts and carnival type games daily on the Midway.
Circus Circus is the largest permanent big top in the world. The Lucky The Clown marquee at the entrance was provided by Young Electric Sign Company and was constructed in 1976.
The hotel rooms are located in several buildings including:
- The West Tower
- The Casino Tower
- The Skyrise Tower
- Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge
- RV Park
Circus Circus Zip Code and Location
Circus Circus is located at 2880 S Las Vegas Boulevard – Las Vegas, NV 89109. Industrial Road runs parallel to Las Vegas Boulevard, which is to the West of Circus Circus. Circus Circus can be easily accessed from the I-15
[irp posts=”53321″ name=”Las Vegas Strip Zip Code”]
Circus Circus Amenities and Entertainment
- Ballrooms – space for up to 600 people
- Race and Sports Book – 80 seats, with 18 big screens
- Three swimming pools, water slide, and Splash Zone – click here to read about the Circus Circus Las Vegas Pool Complex
- “Chapel of the Fountain” (wedding chapel)
- The Adventuredome is a 5-acre indoor amusement park located within the resort. The park is inside a large pink glass dome connected to the hotel and currently offers 25 rides and attractions including the Canyon Blaster roller coaster, rock climbing wall, 18-hole miniature golf course, an arcade, clown shows, Xtreme Zone, Pikes Pass, Virtual Reality Zone, Midway Games, and carnival-type games.
[irp posts=”48236″ name=”Adventuredome Coupons”]
The Adventuredome is a popular venue for locals and tourists for a fun family fun day. You don’t have to pay full price for your Adventuredome tickets for the family. Click here to learn more on how to save at Adventuredome by reading our article, Adventuredome Coupons.
Circus Circus Restaurants
If you are staying at Circus Circus, you won’t have to venture far to find a variety of food. At Circus Circus, you will find everything from McDonald’s to one of the best-rated steakhouses in Las Vegas. Click here to read more about the Circus Circus restaurants.
[irp posts=”60111″ name=”Circus Circus Las Vegas Pool”]
Circus Circus Film Trivia
- The hotel’s famous midway was featured in the 1971 James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever.
- In his journalistic novel of the early 1970s, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson wrote, “The Circus-Circus is what the whole hep world would be doing Saturday night if the Nazis had won the war. This is the sixth Reich. The ground floor is full of gambling tables, like all the other casinos . . . but the place is about four stories high, in the style of a circus tent, and all manner of strange County-Fair/Polish Carnival madness is going on up in this space.” When the Thompson work was adapted to film in 1998, the fictional “Bazooko Circus” was a thinly veiled stand-in for the world-famed resort, which had refused permission for the filmmakers to shoot on their property.
- The Adventuredome Theme Park and the Canyon Blaster roller coaster were featured in the 1999 movie Baby Geniuses. The theme park was known as Joyworld in the movie.
- Characters in 1977’s post-apocalyptic Damnation Alley seek out at the abandoned Circus Circus to play.
- In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Austin and Vanessa sneak into the Circus Circus.
- In the 1992 movie Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, the oversized child Adam is shown laughing and smiling at the Lucky the Clown pylon.
- The Midway was featured in the 1978 film Corvette Summer, when Mark Hamill was being lured into a scam by a “salesman”.
- In the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Circus Circus is featured as The Clown’s Pocket.
- A recreation of the hotel called “Ringmaster” can be found in the 2014 racing video game The Crew, near the northern end of the strip.
- In the TV series Vega$, private detective Dan Tanna (Robert Urich) lived in a converted warehouse next to Circus Circus, and was often shown driving past the resort in his classic Ford Thunderbird.
[irp posts=”48574″ name=”Circus Circus Restaurants”]
Circus Circus Online References and Resources