Clarkdale Nevada Overview
Clarkdale was a mining district in Nye County, Nevada.
It was also referred to as Tolicha and Yellowgold.
Clarkdale Nevada History
Tom Clark made the discovery in March 1932 and by August the area was being flooded by cars lining the road and tents were erected. Houses were moved from Goldfield and Tonopah with carpenters putting up rough boarding houses.
- March 1932 – Discovery made by Tom Clark
- August 1932 – Clarkdale mining district established
- 1933 – A $1,000 shipment made
- 1936 and 1938 – The mine produced 238 tons of ore yielding 45 ounces of gold and 32 ounces of silver
Gold and silver.
- Clarkdale Camp (gold and silver) – Gold was discovered about 1933 and the property was worked into the late 1930s. There was intermittent exploratory work done in the area after World War II.
- Landmark-Life Preserver Group (gold and silver) – Gold was discovered on the Life Preserver claims in 1917, and it was explored in 1920. The Landmark claims were actively worked in the 1930s.
- Quartz Mountain (gold) – Gold was discovered in 1905; more recent work was done in the 1930s.
- Yellow Gold [Carr’s Mine] (gold) – Discovery was made during the 1930s and there was intermittent activity after World War II.
Unknown at this time.
Click here to view the railroads in Nevada.
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
Learn more about Nevada Newspapers
The Population of Clarkdale Nevada
Unknown at this time.
From an NBMD document: Twenty-two miles north of Beatty then six miles NE of highway 395 via Tolica Wash. Access restricted by the Air Force.
37° 16′ 9.76″ N, 116° 54′ 55.25″ W
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99 per year paid version that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.
Photos and Videos
There are a lot of articles on Clarkdale and we will be digging in depth to find which have value and update once we have completed the big task.
Click here to view our list of History of the Southwest – Books and Online Resources to learn more about our amazing area!
- Tingley, Joseph V., Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Report 47 – Mining Districts of Nevada, page 55
- United States Geological Survey – Clarkdale Nevada