Cresent Nevada Overview
Crescent was a mining camp and mining district in Clark County, Nevada.
Also known as Crescent Peak, New York, and Timber Mountain.
Learn more about Ghost Town in Nevada and Ghost Towns in the Southwest.
Cresent Nevada History
Unknown at this time.
Unknown at this time.
Silver, gold, lead, copper, turquoise, molybdenum, vanadium, beryllium, thorium and rare earth, uranium, perlite
1905 – 1918
I can only find one reference in the records for postmasters.
- Charles M. White was appointed postmaster on 18 Apr 1912
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
The Population of Cresent Nevada
Approximately 32 residents in the early 1940s.
Near the California-Nevada boundary line.
The district includes the northern New York Mountains and the southern end of the McCullough Range and is located about 12 miles west of Searchlight. Wheeler (1872) included the Crescent Peak area in the large New York district, centered on the New York Mountains in California but extending east to touch the historic Colorado district, located south of present-day Searchlight. Averett (1962) described a Timber Mountain district discovered in 1910 on “Timber Mountain 17 miles west of Searchlight” that is possibly somewhere in the Crescent Peak area.
35° 29′ 22.95″ N, 115° 10′ 43.95″ W
Click here to view our recommended mobile apps for the outdoor explorer and what to take on your next road trip.
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is $29.99 per year paid version that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.
Photos and Videos
None at this time.
- Tingley, Joseph V., Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Report 47 – Mining Districts of Nevada
- United States Geological Survey – Crescent Nevada