Dresslerville Nevada Overview
In 1917, State Senator William F. Dressler gave this 40-acre tract to the Washoe Indians, then living on ranches in Carson Valley.
After a school was opened in 1924, it became a nucleus of settlement.
- Native American
Nevada Historical Marker Number
Dresslerville Nevada is Nevada Historical Marker #131.
Click here to view the full list of Nevada State Historical Markers.
Nevada Historical Marker Transcription
In 1917 State Senator William F. Dressler gave this 40 acre tract to the Washo Indians, then living on ranches in Carson Valley. After a school was opened in 1924, it became a nucleus of settlement.
Before the intrusion of European Americans in the 1850s, Washos spent the winter in the Pinenut Hills, where they stored autumn harvested pinenuts. In summer, they lived in the Lake Tahoe Basin, fishing the tributary streams and gathering roots and berries. In fall, they hunted rabbits and gathered seeds in Carson Valley.
STATE HISTORICAL MARKER No. 131
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE
CARSON VALLEY HISTORIC SOCIETY