Fridays Nevada Overview
Fridays was a station in Douglas County, Nevada.
Also, known as Edgewood, Burke and Smalls Station, Smalls, and Small’s Station.
Fridays Nevada History
Originally a Pony Express stop in 1860-1861, the town gained considerable importance as a station once it was completed in 1863.
Later, in about 1895, the town because known as Edgewood.
- 1860-1861 – Stop on the Pony Express
- 1863 – Lake Bigler toll road completed
- 1895 – Town renamed Edgewood
- 1912 – Edgewood Resort reopened
38° 57′ 38.67″ N, 119° 56′ 30.65″ W
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is a $29.99 per year paid version that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.