Your guide to Las Vega roller coaster and thrill rides in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Roller Coaster Guide
Discounted tickets are hard to find but SOMETIMES you will be able to find discounted roller coaster tickets. Hey, it never hurts to look… right?
Outside of Las Vegas in Primm, you will find The Desperado at Buffalo Bills Hotel and Casino.
Take in breathtaking views of the entire valley from 209-feet above the desert floor then brace yourself as you plunge downward at death-defying velocities before rolling into a succession of heart-stopping twists, turns, and unexpected surprises.
It features a 60-degree, 225′ drop; a 209′ lift hill; and top speeds around 80 mph.
As one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in North America, The Desperado is ranked among the Top 10 in the country. If you think you have the nerve, The Desperado will show you three minutes of pulse-stopping fun.
The Desperado Details
- Admission: $13.99
- Riders must be 48 inches or taller.
- Seatbelts have a maximum length of 44 inches.
- Official website at The Desperado at Prime Valley Resorts
- The Desperado on Wikipedia
Circus Circus Hotel and Casino
New York New York Hotel and Casino
Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
While not “true roller coasters” they are thrill rides for those who like an adrenaline rush.
Big Shot is open Sunday – Thursday from 10 AM – 1 AM and on Friday – Saturday from 10 AM – 2 AM. Big Shot details:
- Pull some “Gs” like a Top Gun pilot!
- Blast up 160ft. straight in the air
- Feel the “G-force” freefalling back to launch
Insanity is open Sunday – Thursday from 10 AM – 1 AM and on Friday – Saturday from 10 AM – 2 AM. Insanity details:
- Giant mechanical arm holds you 900ft. high
- Spin 64ft. over the Tower edge
- Daredevils stare straight down at the Strip!
X-Scream is open Sunday – Thursday from 10 AM – 1 AM and on Friday – Saturday from 10 AM – 2 AM. X-Scream Details
- Catapult headfirst 27ft. over the Tower edge
- Dangle weightlessly 109 stories in the air
- Snap back to the Tower for more!
- Observation Deck Admission:$20 ($5 for Stratosphere Hotel Guests)
- Observation Deck +1 Ride: $25
- Observation Deck +2 Rides: $30
- Observation Deck +3 Rides: $35
- Unlimited Tower & Rides: $39.95
X-Scream Ride Requirements
- Must be at least 52” tall to ride the X-Scream
- This ride has vertical and horizontal jarring motions at an elevated height.
- This ride is not recommended for guests with physical, mental, and/or medical limitations.