Nevada-California-Oregon Railroad Depot
Nevada-California-Oregon Railroad Depot Overview
This railroad depot was built in 1910 along the Nevada-California-Oregon Railway.
Architect Frederic DeLongchamps designed the building. He incorporated several architectural styles in the station (mission, Italianate, and Romanesque Revival).
The depot continued to serve the traveling public until 1937.
Nevada Historical Marker Number
Nevada-California-Oregon Railroad Depot is Nevada Historical Marker #210.
Click here to view the full list of Nevada State Historical Markers.
Nevada Historical Marker Transcription
This building was constructed as a passenger depot for the Nevada-California-Oregon Railroad, a narrow-gauge line connecting Reno with northern California and southern Oregon.
It began operations in 1882 as the Nevada and California Railroad. Reno was its headquarters with a roundhouse, repair shops, and a storage yard situated at this location. Northward expansion of the line terminated at Lakeview, Oregon, January, 1912.
In 1917, the Western Pacific Railroad purchased the N.C.O. line from Reno to Herlong, California, and standard gauged it. The depot continued to serve the traveling public until 1937.
- State Historic Preservation Office – Nevada-California-Oregon Railroad Depot