Rebel Creek Nevada
Rebel Creek Nevada Overview
Rebel Creek, also known as Rebel Creek Station, Willow Creek, and New Goldfields, is located in Humboldt County, Nevada.
A southern soldier and a northern met there and fought to see who would n e the creek; when the southerner won, it became known as Rebel Creek.
Learn more about Ghost Town in Nevada and Ghost Towns in the Southwest.
Rebel Creek Nevada History
The Rebel Creek District was on the western slope of the northern Santa Rosa Range, extending generally from Canyon Creek on the north to Rebel Creek or Sawtooth Mountain on the south.
Both placer and vein deposits were worked at this point on the west slope of the Santa Rosa Range as early as the 1870s and scores of prospectors returned in June 1907 after remarkable finds were reported.
The district has never yielded gold in paying quantities though some work was done in the 1930s.
Silver and gold.
1902 – 1947
View the list and history of Nevada Post Offices.
Unknown at this time
The Population of Rebel Creek Nevada
Unknown at this time
41° 36′ 19.63″ N, 117° 45′ 55.50″ W
Click here to view our recommended mobile apps for the outdoor explorer and what to take on your next road trip.
Speaking of mobile apps, two of my favorite mobile apps for exploring the southwest are two different mapping apps one that builds your schedule and the other helps me look to see if my rural destination is taking me to private or public lands. Highly recommend both!
- Roadtrippers Plus is a $29.99 per year paid version that allows you to build longer itineraries, share your plans with friends, and use the app without ads. Click here to save $5 on your subscription to Roadtrippers.
- onX – click here to learn more about onX GPS Map App for Backcountry, Offroad, and Hunting.
- Paher, Stanley (1970), Nevada Ghost Towns and Mining Camps, Howell-North Books
- Tingley, Joseph V., Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Report 47 – Mining Districts of Nevada
- United States Geological Survey – Rebel Creek Nevada
- Wikipedia – Rebel Creek Nevada
- The Nevada State Writers Project Administration (1941), Origin of Place Names Nevada, page 38