Red Rock Canyon Campground
Red Rock Canyon Campground Overview
There is one developed campground at Red Rock Canyon, which is located one mile south on Moenkopi Road from the junction with W. Charleston Blvd. Its physical address is 3293 Moenkopi Road, Las Vegas, NV 89161.
While Moenkopi Road is paved, the roads throughout the campground are gravel.
The campground is normally closed during the hot summer months starting in early June and opens the end of August to early September.
- There are 53 individual standard sites.
- Ten People and two Vehicles are allowed per site in the individual sites.
- There are six RV Sites that have room for one RV and a vehicle.
- Seven large group sites can accommodate up to 20 people and 8 vehicles.
- All standard sites and group sites contain picnic tables, grills, and campfire circles.
- All group sites have shaded picnic table areas. Some individual standard sites have shaded picnic table areas.
- Each group site is primarily tenting with 10 individual small tent areas/group sites.
- Vault toilets, trashcans, and drinking water (in the individual camping area) are provided.
- There are no electrical, water, and sewer hook-ups.
- There is no dump station for recreational vehicles.
- There are no showers.
- Shade structures are available throughout the group sites and many of the individual sites.
- Restrooms are vault toilets.
- Water faucets for drinking water are located throughout the campground.
Visitors can reserve single or group campground sites by calling 1-877-444-6777 or visiting www.recreation.gov.
Reservations can be made up to six months in advance but not less than 48 hours of the desired arrival date.
Check-out is 11:00 AM; Check-in is 2:00 PM
Camping is allowed on BLM-managed public land outside of Las Vegas on public land for 14 days within a 28 day period without charge.
Popular primitive (no facilities) sites include Bitter Spring Back Country Byway, Gold Butte Back Country Byway, Knob Hill, Virgin Mountains, Christmas Tree Pass, and Logandale Trails System.
For more information on the Red Rock Campground, call (702) 515-5387.
Backcountry camping is allowed within the core area of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area above 5,000 feet.
A paperless permit is required and can be obtained through Recreation.gov. The direct link is https://go.usa.gov/xVAEx. People can request a permit by clicking the “Buy a Pass” button on the website. Backcountry camping/Late exit permits are free, but a 50-cent processing fee will be charged.
The backcountry area is remote with no drinking water or firewood for campfires. Campers must select a previously disturbed campsite and must camp father than 200 feet from springs and riparian areas.
- There is no developed trail system in the backcountry.
- Ground fires are prohibited, camping stoves are permitted.
- To minimize conflicts with wildlife, pets should be on a leash and pet waste must be cleaned up.
- Please carry out all trash. Litter is an eyesore and a hazard to wildlife. Trash cans are located at parking lots along Scenic Drive and in Willow Springs.
How to Get to Red Rock Canyon Campground
Check-In and Check-Out Hours
$ Per Night
Max # Nights
# Days Between Camping
Travel Trailers and Pop Up Campers
# RV Sites
RV/Trailer Max Length
# Tent Sites
Max # Campers
Max # Cars
Max # Tents
Maximum Group Size
Cell Phone Service at Red Rock Campground
Wi-Fi Service at Red Rock Campground
Restrooms at Red Rock Campground
Parking at Red Rock Campground
Red Rock Weather
Red Rock Canyon Campground