Located approximately 10 miles south of the Las Vegas Boulevard and St. Rose Parkway in Henderson, NV, Seven Magic Mountains is one of the largest land-based art installations in the United States since the early 1990s.
Seven Magic Mountains
Seven Magic Mountains Overview
The colorful rock display was supposed to be around from 2016-2018 but the display was extended for another 3 years.
Ugo Rondinone, a renowned Swiss artist known for his colorful and large-scale displays, is the developer behind this exhibition located in the desert outside of Las Vegas, Nevada, featuring seven thirty to thirty-five-foot high dayglow totems comprised of painted, locally-sourced boulders with Jean Dry Lake as the backdrop.
[irp posts=”161″ name=”Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas”]
Seven Magic Mountains Location
- Follow I-15 S to Sloan Rd (exit 25).
- Turn left (east) to Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Drive approximately 7 miles south on Las Vegas Blvd. and the art display will appear on your left (east).
- Drive north on I-15 to Jean, NV (exit 12).
- Turn right (east) on NV-161 toward Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Drive approximately 5 miles north on Las Vegas Boulevard and the art display will appear on your right (east).
The display is free to the public.
Parking at Seven Magic Mountains
There is a small parking lot off of Las Vegas Boulevard South and then you will follow the trail to the art display.
The Seven Magic Mountains art display is open from sunrise to sundown
Best Time of Year to Visit
Due to the location and lack of shade, it is recommended that you visit in the cooler months.
[irp posts=”119″ name=”Hiking in the Heat – Tips to Stay Cool”]
What to Take to Seven Magic Mountains
If you are heading to enjoy this display, be sure to pack enough water or electrolytes for your group. If you want to stay and enjoy the area, pack a lunch and cooler to take along for the trip.
And don’t forget your camera!
Drones at Seven Magic Mountains
From our research, it appears that the area that the art display is located is outside of restricted airspace to fly a drone. Be sure to check your drone software/mobile app when you arrive to make sure you are “clear to fly.”
- Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugo_Rondinone#Seven_Magic_Mountains_(2016%E2%80%9318)